Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Training Schedule

I plan on starting off-season training soon.  Really.  I swear this time.  I cancelled my membership to la fitness, there's a gym at work that I can lift at, but I'm going to cut back on the lifting considerably this year.  I'm going to focus more on running and bodyweight intervals.  Anyway, here is my anticipated schedule:

Monday:  
Lift (at work) - I'll be doing Coach Dos routines, but focusing more on legs and upper pulls.
SPSU Practice - might start running intervals after practice (ick)

Tuesday:
Yoga (at home)
Bodyweight Intervals

Wednesday:
Track (at Life) - some agility stuff, running intervals, 400s, etc.  I'll have some light plyos but won't transition into anything too explosive until spring.

Thursday:
Bodyweight Intervals

Friday:
off

Saturday:
Maybe track, same as Wed

Sunday:
Cobb Practice - probably work on some form/agility stuff, run drills, hopefully scrimmage.

What are you guys planning on doing?

4 comments:

wood said...

Hang Jump Shrug 3x5 135
Deadlift 3x6 225
1 leg RDL 4x6 135
Bench Press 2x6 135
DB Bent over Alt Row 3x6 60
Plate Raise + Truck Driver 2x6 45
1 arm lat pulldown 3x6 ?
corkscrew 3x8 45
Side bridge and reach 3x30s

leelynch said...

So far, I have just been running in the mornings, trying to build some endurance but working up to it. Lifting weights every now and then in the evenings, concentrating on the upper body, mostly the shouldars to reduce the chance of injuries.

wood said...

Sounds good Lee. This is the workout I'm going to try tonight (couldn't run last night, the battery on Kat's car had to be replaced)...

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/improve_running_speed/400_Repeats.php

MatEEEEEEEEEEEEE! said...

Weightlifting once a week (Dr Dos), ultimate whenever I can (now goalty on saturdays), cobb practices on sunday, running/biking/skateboarding with batsu pretty much every night.
It's not well defined but I'm trying to keep active